Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Better-Than- Chipotle Burritos

To say I can't live without my crock pot would be a H.U.G.E understatement!!! . Without it meal time at our house would almost be non-existent during the weekday. So anytime I come across a great sounding crock pot recipe I like to give it a try, at least one time!

I found this one stashed in a binder of things that I came across before pinterest came about. When I used to print out and file away!





1 London Broil roast {1.5-2 lbs.}
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves {minced} {I used 3}
2 T whole peppercorns
2 T apple cider vinegar
2 {8oz} cans tomato sauce
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
2 tsp chili powder, more or less to taste
2 packages {8ct} Mission burrito -sized tortillas
Cilantro-Lime white rice, see recipe below
black beans, see recipe below
Additional toppings as desired, such as salsa, guacamole, sour cream and cheese

For the Cilantro-Lime White Rice:




1 cup white rice
2-3 T minced cilantro
1-2 tsp lime juice
salt

For the Black Beans:

1 {15oz} can black beans
1 tsp cumin

Ready? This is just about as easy as ordering at Chipotle!

1. Place London Broil in slow cooker, throw on chopped onions, garlic cloves, peppercorns, and apple cider vinegar on top. Add enough water to cover roast. Cook on low for about 6 hours.

2. Remove meat from slow cookers and shred. It might seem a little dry and tough at this point, but we're about to fix that! Remove the garlic cloves and peppercorns form slow cooker, reserving the liquids. Blend the tomato sauce, Chipotle pepper, and chili seasoning together until the Chipotle pepper is very fine. Add the meat back to the slow cooker, along with the tomato sauce mixture and enough of the reserved broth to keep it plenty moist. Cook on low for another hour.

3. When you're about 20 minutes away from wanting to eat, coo the rice according to the package directions. Once it's done cooking, scoop it into a bowl and toss with the cilantro, lime juice, and salt {to taste}. Warm the black beans and cumin seasoning together.




4. Now that everything is ready, begin assembling your burritos! Warm tortilla are a must, and I've found the best way to warm them is, we;;, just like the Misson package says- heat them one at a time on a skillet on medium high for 10-15 seconds on one side and 10 seconds on the other.





These burritos have a TON of flavor and got two thumbs up from Hannah and Gabe!

Linking up to these great blogs today...stop by when you can Tasty Tuesday - Tempt My Tummy - Tuesday at The Table


4 comments:

  1. Oh how I love Chipotle. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word that sounds wonderful!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious. Please share this on my "Foodie Friday" linky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I can't wait to try these! I am pinning this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...