Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Zucchini OVERLOAD!

My garden has been in mass production lately of Zucchini. So I have been preparing and saving it in a thousand different ways.

I made this cake/bread last week. It was a snap to prepare and I froze a few mini loaves for later.

Zucchini Cake


2 Cups zucchini, grated
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla
½ cup oil

¾ cup chopped pecans

2 ½ cups self-rising flour

¼ teaspoon baking powder

2 teaspoons cinnamon

Pinch of slat


Place all ingredients in bowl and mix well. Place into greased tin and bake at 350* for about 45 minutes depending on size of pan. Cool enjoy and freeze the leftover. Perfect for popping in the microwave for breakfast.


Linking up to theses great blogs today Tempt My Tummy - Tuesday at The Table - Tasty Tuesday - Home Sweet Farm


4 comments:

  1. A friend of mine used to make chocolate zucchini bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love zucchini cake/bread. We make a chocolate chip zucchini cake as well as a cinnamon zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting... oh, I can't wait for the zucchini to be ready in our garden!! Thanks for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My zucchini is just starting to come up too... how exciting!

    I'd love for you to stop by and share a recipe at What's Cooking Wednesday (http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/search/label/Gardening%20101)! Hope to see you there:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I bet that is really good for breakfast with a big glass of milk:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...