Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

N.Y.C. Canvas Art

It seems as if I have been working on Hannah’s room redo for months! Heck, who am I kidding it has been months!



Though I am happy to say I am about halfway completed. Just lacking the painting of walls and ceiling, first with primer and the two coats of paint… Sewing of four window panels... Taking apart the bed to take outside and paint…but that’s about it. I love to save the best for last! Ha…ha…ha…


One thing I have completed is her N.Y.C. canvas art painting. I really think creating canvas art for a child’s room  gives you the most bang for your buck.



It all begins with an inspiration piece.


I purchased my large canvas for $17.00 at Michaels.

Spray painted half of it with the accent color we are using in Hannah’s new room.


Using a pencil I free handed my design onto the canvas.Traced it with a black sharpie, and filled in with black craft paint.


And tada!


A perfect way to create art for and ever changing tweens mind.

 
I will be linking up to these great blogs today stop by and check them out Backyard Eden  - Show and Tell 


5 comments:

  1. Way to go momma! I LOVE It! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I am just about finished with my daughter's room. It also has taken me months..mainly just doing one thing every couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate-

    Yours is way cooler than the inspiration piece. Love. Maybe it's the color scheme in yours...


    If you have a moment today, please share this with my readers @Creative Juice Thursday Hope to see yours among all the amazing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Kate this is LOVELY!!!! I love it. link it up more its a gem to show off!!!
    Tana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I featured this today over at Today's Top 20!

    Amanda
    www.todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...