Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Book Page Wreath

I fell in love with this idea months ago.


                                                                                        {picute emily jones design}



And after having a few fun filled snowed in days, I decided to tackle it!


I followed this tutorial and it worked like a charm.


At first I had hoped to use the music sheets I scored a few weeks back. But sadly the sheets were a bit large and just didn’t look right.


So I grabbed an old book I picked up at GW with super thin pages, super thin pages is the key.


I listened to a basketball game on the radio while making this. So my guess would be about two hours total to make this wreath, plus dry time.



Using a small paint brush  I trimmed the pages with silver glitter paint gel I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I think the bling bling added a nice touch, don’t you?


And that was it.


Total cost:


   Foam Wreath        $1.99
   Book                       $.79
   Hot Glue                 Had
   Sparkle Paint          Had
   Grand total           $2.78!






Linking up at these great blogs today Backyard Eden - Blue Cricket - Me and My Bucket -


6 comments:

  1. You're very creative and that is a great unique wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $2.78 is a steal! I love it and this ranks right up there with all the neat book page/music sheet projects I've seen out there. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE! I made one of these and I LOVE It :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I want to make one so bad! Yours is unique to any others I have seen online.

    Found you thru Blue Cricket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super adorable! I would love to make this using sheet music :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! And it's so inexpensive! I would love for you to link up any of your projects to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

    And I'm a new follower :)

    www.youngnester.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...