Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cute Fabric Headband

My fabric scrap pile is never ending and when I saw this I knew I had to try it.

I chose to tear my fabric strips so that I would have a "frayed" look. You can easily take the time to hem each strip. You want your strips to allow enough space{about 6 inches} for the elastic band.
Take three strands of fabric and clip one end with a binder clip. Then braid and binder clip the other end. Using my sewing machine I tacked each end down. Then repeated to create another braided strip.


Take one elastic pony tail holder and cut in half.
 Place one pony tail holder end between the two braids and sew, backstitching several times. Repeat with the other side.

That’s it, You're done!
Then came the 10 year old test….


She wore it all day and never complained that it bothered her!

Fabulous!


1 comment:

  1. Really?! It's that easy!? You make it look so easy!! I'm gonna have to try this and have my 16 yr. old test it out!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...