Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

We had some out of town family visiting us this weekend so I was super excited when my upholstery lady called me last Friday night to tell me my chairs where ready!



I could hardly wait to bring them home.

Here is what they looked like before…
And here is what they look like now.
I got both wingback chairs for $10.00 from my neighbor’s yard sale early this spring. I had been looking for wingback chairs for almost a year. So I was giddy when I carried them, one by one, back across the pasture that we share with our neighbor.
They sat and waited patiently has I hunted for fabric that would complement this crazy chair that we already had.
I asked her to add tufting to the back.
And antique nail head trim.
My overall cost for both of these chairs was far less that what I would have paid to purchase one at my local furniture store. I hope to talk her into teaching me how to upholster; I can’t imagine anything more exciting to learn!


Notice those pictures above the chairs? I can’t wait to tell you about those tomorrow!


6 comments:

  1. Those are stunning! And that fabric is beautiful. What an amazing deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I want to learn how to reupholster a wing back chair too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your chairs -- those turned out beautiful!

    janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes! Looks amamzing! Great fabric selection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow Kate those are GORGEOUS!!! You have to be pickled pink lol
    LOVE them!
    ~Tana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...