Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mrs. Hill's Meat

Last week I posted that my kiddo’s favorite meal that I make was Mrs. Hill’s Meat.



So I thought today that I would share it with you. Honestly it is a very heart healthy recipe. I have tried to substitute ground turkey for ground round. My kids would not eat the ground round version nor will they eat Salisbury Steaks, LOL.


Here is what you will need.

1 lb Ground Turkey
1 envelope beefy onion dry soup mix
2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbs. butter
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (or 1 can)
¾ cup chicken broth
¼ cup tomato paste


Combine turkey, 2Tbs of soup mix, 1Tbs Worcestershire sauce and mix well. Shape into patties
Cook patties in hot oil until brown…turn once…remove patties, set aside.

Sauté garlic and mushrooms in butter…until tender
Add broth, tomato paste and remaining Worcestershire sauce and soup mix…
Stir, scraping up browned bits…
Return patties to skillet; spoon sauce over the patties.

Cover, cook med-low heat for 8-10 mins.


If sauce gets to thick add more broth

Makes for a fast delicious dinner every time.




Click HERE for a print friendly copy.


I will be linking up to these great blogs Tempt My Tummy - Tuesday at The Table - Tasty Tuesday


5 comments:

  1. ok now that looks FANTASTIC! I'm so trying this one!
    thanks!!!
    ~Tana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! We love ground turkey, thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my husband is a salsbury steak fool...whenever i am out of town he stocks up on it (much to my dismay)...
    ...but this "version" looks so great and is so healthy...i think i can get him to eat this instead. great recipe!
    i found you through Tuesday's at the Table

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so great, everyone loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this last night. And my husband couldn't even tell that it was ground turkey.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...