Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kate's Beer Cup Smoothie!

First, let me explain my beer cup.

No we do not drink alcoholic drinks, ever! I will buy a can of beer every now and then to cook with but that’s the extent of it. However, I have been tempted on many long, very long days!


I don’t hide the fact that I am an avid lover of the New York Yankees. About once or twice a year we will fly to NYC to catch a few games. During the game I am always making friends with the concessions stand employees trying to talk them into giving me anything from popcorn bags to hot dog carriers.

You see everything has a NY logo and ya’ just can’t buy them at your local party store. So when I realized  they had these frosted cups with the classic NY logo I had to get me some.

I made my way around the stadium but no vender would budge. If I wanted to get a cup I was going to have to pay the $10.00 EACH to get one. See, they use them to serve beer and that’s just not how I roll!
So I ponder and notice how fans were chugging this stuff and tossing the cups on the ground.


Yes, yes we did! 

After the game I made Ryan walk with me as we picked up used beer cups! And let me just tell you we were not alone. I took them back to the hotel rinsed each one out and put them in the plastic dry cleaning bag from the hotel. When we got home I tossed them in the dishwasher and we were good to go.


Think about it, there really is no difference than using a restaurant cup, is there?


We have a collection of about 20 or so and they make great ice tea and smoothie glasses. I like to think of it as my $200.00 worth of beer cups, for free.


Now onto the smoothie makin’.


I have created a fabulous smoothie that is packed with protein, low in sugar and out-of-this-world good, using my beer cup!


The recipe below is how I make it. I will add more ice and split it between Ryan and me for a great snack. Or drink a whole one as a stick with ya’ meal. They are perfect for hot summer days.
                  Kate's Beer Cup Smoothie

½ Cup vanilla yogurt               70cal 0fat
½ Cup 2% milk                        60cal 2 grams fat
1 banana                                  100 cal 0fat
1 TBL. PB                               100 cal 8 grams fat
1 Scoop protein powder          170 cal 1.5 grams fat
{Vanilla or chocolate flavor}
1 ½ glasses ice
3 packets sweet in low


Dump all in a blender and mix until smooth. I like to use chopped frozen bananas for an even thicker drink {think extra thick milkshake}. Now if you split the recipe above you will consume 250 cal.,16 grams of protein and 6 grams of fat, perfect for a good snack. Drink the whole recipe as a meal for 500 cal, 32 grams of protein and 11.5 grams of fat.


Sharing my Beer Cup smoothie at this great blogs today Tempt My Tummy - Tuesday At The Table - Tasty Tuesday


7 comments:

  1. Funny story. I would probably do the
    same ……………$10.00 is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10.00! That's insane!!! But love your story, I'd probably do the SAME thing!!! Thanks for sharing your cute story and recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story! And that smoothie sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry, the Hawkeyes have a new design on their concession cups every year and we walk the stands after games to collect them rather than buying 4 over priced pops :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same thing at football games! They're my "fine china" since it's all I use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From one NY Yankee fan to another...thank you for saving these!! We miss NY terribly and can't wait to get up there for a visit.

    The smoothies sounds delicious too. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that is an awesome idea! I love the smoothie you made, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...