Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Make This...Thank Me Later, Promise!

I'm about to let you in on a little secret…

Come a little closer…
Can you smell it?

That’s right, hands down the best {and easiest} pumpkin roll ever! And I’m about to tell you how to make it.

First you gather just a few ingredients

Two large eggs, 2/3 cup pumpkin, 1 Cup Sugar, 1tsp soda,3/4 tsp. cinnamon and ¾ Cup flour.


There is no need to get the stand mixer out. I have always just used my hand held and it has worked fine. Beat the eggs and sugar together until well blended.

Mix in the pumpkin

And last the flour mixture.

Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.



Pour batter and spread evenly until about ½ in thickness. The batter will not cover the entire jelly roll pan. I usually have about 2-3 inches on all sides.

Bake in 350* oven for 15 minutes {just enough time to lick the bowl clean to make the filling}. Let set on wire rack for 15 to cool.

Sprinkle a dish towel with powder sugar {I love these thin ones from my local farmers Co- Op}.

Invert bread onto sugared surface and peel off parchment paper.

Sprinkle heavy with powdered sugar and roll up in towel tightly. Let set while you prepare the filling {my personal favorite!}

Beat 2 TBP soft butter, 8 oz cream cheese softened, 1 Cup powder sugar and a tsp. of vanilla.

It will look something like this.

Unroll your pumpkin bread and spread a smooth layer of filling on. Leaving room along the sides and the end for the filling to grow as you roll into a log.

I trim off my ends for aesthetic purposes, and to make sure that it tastes ok {smile}.
And there you have it. What I believe is the best pumpkin roll ever, thanks to my mom! It even has it's own special little plate that I use just for my pumpkin roll.




Pumpkin Roll


2 Large Eggs
2/3 cup pumpkin (can)
1 Cup sugar
1 tsp soda
¾ tsp. cinnamon
¾ cup flour


Mix Flour, soda and cinnamon in bowl and set aside. Beat eggs add sugar, pumpkin and then flour mixture. Line a jelly roll pan with wax paper pour batter and spread out. (will not cover entire jelly roll pan). Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes let cool in pan for 15 minutes.


Sprinkle dish towel with powder sugar and flip cake onto towel. Roll up in towel and let set for 15 min.


Filling:
2 TBP soft butter
8 oz cream cheese softened
1 Cup powder sugar
1 tsp. vanilla


Beat together until creamy. Unroll towel and spread filling on cake them roll cake back up. Sprinkle with powder sugar. Best if chilled overnight.

Vist Grace's Kitchen Friends and The Inspired Room for more ideas!


2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious, Kate! I may try to adapt this to gluten free so I can enjoy it with my family. I'm not a baker by nature so by "soda" do you mean baking soda?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pumpkin roll reciepe is almost exactly the same as this!! I have it on my blog too:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...